The Engineering Testing Show is pleased to confirm HBM Test & Measurement will be presenting on: Getting beyond numerical results for testing electric and hybrid drive trains at the event which run Friday, 2nd June 2017at the Roundhouse, Derby.
Getting beyond numerical results for testing electric and hybrid drive trains
Evaluating motor efficiency has become extremely important since significant efforts are focused on more efficient electrical machines and drives. The main issue is how to implement an accelerated procedure that obtains the motor and drive efficiency for all operating points safely, accurately and rapidly.
To get beyond numerical results, all electrical, mechanical and physical signals must be acquired simultaneously at high sample rates coupled with advanced real time custom analysis and fast data transfer to automation systems, making it possible to perform efficiency mapping accurately and rapidly, as well as almost any type of advanced analysis.
Key advantages of HBM’s eDrive System over traditional power analysers are;
- Time synchronization between electrical, mechanical and physical measurements.
- Raw data is stored; therefore, advanced analysis or verification of results can be performed.
- Modular expandable to 51 power channels, 6 torque and speed plus temperature and CAN inputs.
- 1000 result blocks per second transfer.
- Suitable for dynamic load changes, start up or any changes in speed.
- Optical Ethernet for safe isolation.
- Programming interface for external software packages, allowing control, setup and data reading.
Mr Omer Mir BEng(Hons) MIET
HBM Test & Measurement